- Yucaipa Cos. to acquire Tesco's Fresh & Easy
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Yucaipa acquires Fresh and Easy
- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. — Fresh & Easy's chief marketing officer reportedly has left the retailer, according to published reports.
Simon Uwins' exit, according to media outlets, was prompted by his desire "to pursue other interests."
The announcement was followed by a statement that the company currently is hiring more than 600 employees for the chain's more than 20 stores set to open early next year in California and Nevada. The company also recently launched its test run of a loyalty card program.
Fresh & Easy, which a U.S. subsidiary of Tesco, operates stores across Arizona, California and Nevada.