- Nielsen survey: Price most persuasive when incentivizing brand switch; improved features least influential
- Medbox names two additions to leadership team
- McKesson unsuccessful in bid for Celesio
- Aetna taps former Walmart exec Dijuana Lewis to lead Consumer Products and Enterprise Marketing organization
- Study: Holiday gift card sales increase
OAKBROOK TERRACE, Ill. Redbox announced Sunday that its one billionth movie was rented at one of its automated kiosks in Tampa, Fla.
“One billion rentals is an incredible milestone, as Redbox has quickly become the local video store for millions of consumers nationwide,” said Mitch Lowe, Redbox president. “Our popularity is a testament to our consumers’ loyalty and our steadfast commitment to making movie rentals affordable and convenient for our consumers.”
To celebrate its movie milestone, Redbox — which has more than 24,000 convenient locations nationwide — has launched the Thanks a Billion celebration, giving renters the opportunity to receive free one-night movie rental and chances to win premium prizes. The contest is being held through Sept. 30.