- Redbox reigns over rentals
- Strong 3Q, ability to retain ESI patients, finds CVS Caremark execs bullish
- New IRS guidance allows continued use of FSA/HRA debit cards to pay for OTCs
- Merlo to Senate committee: Lowering corporate tax rate can help reduce healthcare costs, bolster economy
- Dollar General raises guidance after strong Q3
OAKBROOK TERRACE, Ill. Redbox announced Sunday that its one billionth movie was rented at one of its automated kiosks in Tampa, Fla.
“One billion rentals is an incredible milestone, as Redbox has quickly become the local video store for millions of consumers nationwide,” said Mitch Lowe, Redbox president. “Our popularity is a testament to our consumers’ loyalty and our steadfast commitment to making movie rentals affordable and convenient for our consumers.”
To celebrate its movie milestone, Redbox — which has more than 24,000 convenient locations nationwide — has launched the Thanks a Billion celebration, giving renters the opportunity to receive free one-night movie rental and chances to win premium prizes. The contest is being held through Sept. 30.