- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
- Yucaipa Cos. to acquire Tesco's Fresh & Easy
PARSIPPANY, N.J. — Reckitt Benckiser has achieved 75% of its target goal for the company's Carbon 20 program, RB said in its sustainability report.
The Carbon 20 program, which was launched in 2007, is an initiative set by RB to reduce its own carbon footprint by 20% by 2020.
Additionally, RB also said in the report that all of its household products now tout 100% non-PVC packaging. This includes such brands as Finish, Vanish, Lysol, Harpic and Air Wick.
"Focusing on sustainability is right for our business, right for our industry, and right for society," Reckitt Benckiser CEO Rakesh Kapoor said. "We set ambitious targets for ourselves, and I am pleased that we are on-track to exceed them. RB's strategy has always been to grow our business thus benefitting consumers, customers, employees, suppliers, communities and shareholders while simultaneously reducing negative impacts, especially on the environment. I am proud of our performance to date, and I know we will continue to improve."
To access the complete report, click here.