- Kroger to acquire Harris Teeter for $2.5 billion
- Kroger CEO David Dillon to retire in January, successor named
- Reports: Kroger to expand Little Clinic footprint as part of healthcare play
- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
- Kroger chief information officer recognized for contributions to industry with lifetime achievement award
LOS ANGELES — Two Kroger banners have raised funds to benefit Japan earthquake and tsunami victims.
Ralphs and Food 4 Less said they raised more than $100,000 for the American Red Cross' International Response Fund for its Japan relief efforts. The retailers hosted a fundraising campaign that ran from March 21 through April 9.
"The magnitude of our fundraising effort really speaks to the commitment and generosity of our customers and associates," said Mike Donnelly, president of Ralphs. "It is our hope that our donations will help the Red Cross provide much-needed assistance to the victims and families of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami."