- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Safeway 1-of-15 employers receiving the 2013 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award
- Kroger to acquire Harris Teeter for $2.5 billion
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- MinuteClinic enters Northern California, Coastal Southeastern North Carolina
WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Raley’s on Thursday named Lee Worthy to lead the grocer's 99 pharmacies, according to a report in the Sacramento Business Journal.
Worthy, who will serve as the chain's VP of pharmacy and wellness, hails from Safeway. His career also spans across Kroger, Treasury Drug and Southwest Drugs, and as an owner-operator of his own pharmacy.
Worthy is a strong advocate behind bridging pharmacy and food, according to the report.