- Publix posts third-quarter comp lift of 4.1%
- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
- Amazon.com, Good Neighbor Pharmacy, Publix named to J.D. Power's 2014 Customer Champions list
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Publix rolls out med sync program chainwide, powered by Ateb’s Time My Meds
LAKELAND, Fla. — Publix on Tuesday disclosed a 4.4% increase in its fourth-quarter sales, which reached $6.4 billion, while comparable-store sales for the quarter also rose 3.2%.
Net earnings for the retailer totaled $342.1 million, compared with $284.2 million in the year-ago period, an increase of 20.4%. Earnings per share for the fourth quarter increased to 44 cents for 2010, up from 36 cents per share in 2009.
For the fiscal year ended Dec. 25, 2010, Publix reported sales of $25.1 billion, a 3.3% uptick from the prior year’s $24.3 billion. Comparable-store sales for 2010 experienced a 2.3% gain.
Net earnings also saw a boost in 2010, rising 15.2% to $1.3 billion, compared with the prior year. Earnings per share increased to $1.70 for 2010, up from $1.47 per share in 2009.