- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- NCPA announces endorsement of bill aimed at curbing Rx drug abuse
- Federal government must find alternatives to rescheduling hydrocodone combination drugs
- Canada's Shoppers Drug Mart posts Q4 results
STAMFORD, Conn. — Purdue Pharma has launched a new website designed to combat abuse of prescription drugs, the company said Wednesday.
The website, RxSafetyMatters.org, is designed to help healthcare professionals, police and community organizations combat prescription drug diversion and abuse. Purdue is the developer of OxyContin (oxycodone), an extended-release painkiller that is frequently a target of drug abusers.
“Purdue is committed to working with healthcare professionals, law enforcement and local communities to help curb illegal diversion and abuse of medications while also ensuring that these medicines remain available for appropriate medical use,” Purdue president and CEO John Stewart said. “The best chance for making a significant impact on the abuse of prescription drugs is greater collaboration among the many sectors of our society that recognize the serious public health problem that this abuse represents.”