- Publix posts third-quarter comp lift of 4.1%
- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
- Amazon.com, Good Neighbor Pharmacy, Publix named to J.D. Power's 2014 Customer Champions list
- Publix rolls out med sync program chainwide, powered by Ateb’s Time My Meds
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
LAKELAND, Fla. — Publix’s sales for second quarter 2013 were $7 billion, a 3.8% increase from last year, the company reported Thursday. Sales for the second quarter of 2013 were negatively impacted by approximately 1.3% due to the Easter holiday being in the first quarter of 2013, but in the second quarter of 2012. Comparable-store sales for the second quarter of 2013 increased 2.1%.
Publix’s sales for the first half of 2013 were $14.5 billion, a 5% increase. Comparable-store sales for the first half of 2013 increased 3%.
“I’m proud our operating performance resulted in another increase in our stock price,” stated Publix CEO Ed Crenshaw. “Our Publix associates continue to work hard every day to deliver premier customer service that makes shopping a pleasure.”
Effective Aug. 1, Publix’s stock price increased from $26.90 per share to $27.55 per share. Publix stock is not publicly traded and is made available for sale only to current Publix associates and members of its board of directors.