- Supervalu completes deal with AB Acquisition
- Fortune names Wegmans, Whole Foods, Publix top employers
- Merlo to Senate committee: Lowering corporate tax rate can help reduce healthcare costs, bolster economy
- ACA stands: Supreme Court rules law is a tax
- Revlon announces regular dividend on its Series A Preferred Stock
LAKELAND, Fla. — Publix on Monday announced its board of directors declared a semi-annual dividend on its common stock of 30 cents per share. The dividend will be payable and mailed Dec. 3, 2012, to stockholders of record as of the close of business Oct. 31, 2012.
Publix previously paid an annual dividend in June each year. "[But] due to the growth of our dividend over the last several years, our board of directors decided it would be appropriate to pay a semi-annual rather than an annual dividend," stated Ed Crenshaw, Publix CEO. "This semi-annual dividend is about half of the annual dividend paid in June 2012. We plan to pay another semi-annual dividend in June 2013.”
Publix is privately owned and operated by its 153,000 employees.