- Study: Participation in diabetes education associated with greater ability to self-manage
- Google testing contact lens that works as glucose meter
- LifeScan launches telemedicine-enabled glucose meter
- Study pinpoints protective genetic mutations for Type 2 diabetes
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
SAN DIEGO —Bionime this summer received the parent-tested, parent-approved seal of approval from PTPA Media, a designation based on input from independent parent volunteers.
“We are pleased that Bionime’s Rightest blood-glucose meters have been recognized and awarded the PTPA seal of approval,” stated Jeff Konecke, VP and general manager at Bionime USA. “We have always strived to produce innovative, easy-to-use, accurate [and] cost-effective glucose testing systems that meet the needs of juvenile and adult diabetics.”
The designation applies to all of Bionime’s family of diabetes testing products, including the company’s Bionime’s Rightest GM100 blood-glucose monitoring system that was introduced in 2009. In 2010, Bionime launched the Rightest GM550 blood-glucose monitoring system, which incorporates the company’s patented true auto coding technology, and provides such additional features as backlighting and 500-test memory with seven-, 14-, 30- and 90-day averaging. In addition, Bionime’s large, plastic injection molded test strips are unique to the industry, the company noted. Their size and built-in features make them easier to handle and greatly reduce the risk of wasted tests due to bent, damaged or dropped strips.