MINNEAPOLIS — Progresso, a brand from General Mills, announced new flavors for its line of Recipe Starters cooking sauces. Each pouch has a recipe favorite printied on it to give consumers a head start on meals during the week. Most of the recipes from Recipe Starters require five or fewer ingredients and can be prepared in 30 minutes or less, the company said.
“Available in five flavorful varieties, Recipe Starters' thick sauce provides a rich and concentrated, robust flavor.” said Stefan Miller, associate marketing manager for Progresso. “Each of the flavors can be used as a starter to create a variety of tasty recipes. With an easy-to-use pouch design, all you have to do is just add your favorite protein, along with a few pantry or refrigerator items and you’ve got a delicious home-cooked dish the family will love.”
Some of the flavors consumers can expect include:
- Creamy Roasted Garlic: Chicken stock, roasted garlic and a touch of cream;
- Fire-Roasted Tomato: Medium-thick tomato sauce, accompanied by the flavor of roasted tomatoes and red bell peppers, basil and a touch of cream;
- Creamy Parmesan Basil: A creamy sauce inspired by alfredo and pesto sauces;
- Creamy Portabella Mushroom: Full-bodied and smooth sauce with Portabella mushroom flavor. Dairy/mushroom is the primary flavor base with herb/white wine top notes; and
- Creamy Three Cheese: Creamy and full-bodied (similar to medium cheese sauce), it also includes a blend of yellow and white cheeses and a touch of cracked pepper.
Progresso Recipe Starters are available nationwide at grocery stores in the pasta and/or soup aisle and retail price for $1.99 for a 9-oz. pouch.