- At least 23,000 die from antibiotic-resistant infections each year, CDC finds
- Study: Whooping cough vaccine may not prevent infection
- Study finds probiotic strain Cardioviva helps reduce cholesterol
- Study: Probiotic in first three months of life reduces incidence of gastrointestinal disorders
- Lumene unveils product innovation, new packaging for 2014
HUNT VALLEY, Md. — Wegmans hosts a bevy of natural solutions (gluten-free foods, supplements and homeopathic solutions) just outside the grocer’s produce department, including this refrigerated unit replete with probiotics and flax-seed oil supplements.
Probiotics contain live bacteria cultures that can die if exposed to too much heat. Beyond probiotics, many liquid supplements need to be refrigerated to prevent spoiling.