- Cardinal Health’s Independence Medical unit helps pharmacy owners tap into growing home healthcare market
- Cardinal Health renews distribution agreement with Prime Therapeutics
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- CareMed receives URAC specialty, mail-order accreditation
- MedFolio launches electronic pillbox to improve patient adherence
ST. PAUL, Minn. — The mail-order pharmacy business of pharmacy benefit manager Prime Therapeutics has received accreditation from the Washington-based healthcare accrediting organization URAC, Prime said Wednesday.
Prime received its first mail-service pharmacy accreditation on Jan. 1, 2009, and will remain accredited through Jan. 1, 2016, the company said.
"The URAC accreditation for our mail-service pharmacy provides a seal of approval that assures our clients and members that we are committed to providing the highest level of member safety, clinical quality and operational excellence," Prime Therapeutics SVP consumer delivery Duane Barnes said.