- Prestige Brands solution to pediatric overdosing — unique squeezable, single-dose APAP packet
- Study: OTC ibuprofen as effective as Rx in treating post-operative pain after having tonsils removed
- Perrigo recalls APAP infant suspension liquid due to the possibility of missing dose markings on the dosing syringe
- Acetaminophen Awareness Coalition issues safety message on APAP overdose potential over cough-cold season
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
TARRYTOWN, N.Y. — Prestige Brands on Monday announced the launch of Goody's Headache Relief Shot. The product combines the pain relievers acetaminophen and caffeine in a fast-acting, single-dose liquid.
"We believe the Goody's Headache Relief Shot is truly a game-changer in pain relief," stated Joseph Juliano, brand director, Goody's. "There is no other product like it on the market. It contains proven ingredients that we know are effective in reducing pain and delivers them in a quick, easy-to-drink shot. One dose of this fast-action liquid and you can stop worrying about a headache and be on the go again."
NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. will play a major role in the Goody's Headache Relief Shot marketing campaign, including appearing in advertising, social media and retail promotions. The product will be sold at major retailers throughout the Southeast and nationally at Walmart, Walgreens and Dollar General.
The Goody's Headache Relief Shot will be sold in packages of two, with each 2 oz. bottle containing 1,000 mg of acetaminophen and 65 mg of caffeine, the company reported. It comes in citrus and berry flavors.
The product was recently showcased at the GMDC and FMI joint Health & Wellness @Retail 2013 conference, where it was selected by DSN editors as a "hot product."