- Prestige Brands to acquire Dramamine from McNeil Consumer Healthcare
- Genomma Lab looks to nominate members to Prestige Brands' board
- Report: More than a quarter of U.S. kids take at least one chronic med
- Prestige Brands completes remainder of GSK OTC brands acquisition
- Prestige officially acquires 15-of-17 GSK legacy brands
IRVINGTON, N.Y. — Prestige Brands on Thursday morning announced the launch of Dramamine for Kids, noting that 34% of households (with children between the ages of 2 years and 12 years) have a child with motion sickness. According to the company, it is estimated that one-third of moms currently are using a Dramamine adult formula but would prefer a pediatric product.
The grape-flavored Dramamine for Kids will provide specific dosage instructions for children in that age range. "We worked hard in developing a Dramamine for Kids product that has the right dosage," Matthew Mannelly, Prestige president and CEO, told analysts during a conference call Thursday morning. "That's a product that has just come out that we're quite excited about."
Marketing support begins in May, Prestige reported.