- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
SPOKANE, Wash. — INGfertility on Tuesday announced its Pre-Seed "fertility-friendly" personal lubricant will be available in all Walgreens pharmacies as of Wednesday, following Facebook demand for increased distribution.
"Walgreens has been our most requested retail location for Pre-Seed, and we have had an amazing response to this news at Facebook,” INGfertility CEO G.D. Clifton said.
Pre-Seed is the only lubricant able to state that it is "safe to use when trying to conceive," based on regulatory clearance, the company stated. Pre-Seed's formula matches the pH, osmolality (ion content) and viscosity (thickness) of fertile cervical mucus. In contrast, most lubricants harm sperm and may keep them from swimming to the egg normally.
"Many couples who are trying to conceive have increased incidence of vaginal dryness due to intercourse on-demand," Clifton noted. "Pre-Seed offers a safe alternative for these couples."
In the physician guideline "Optimizing Natural Fertility," the American Society for Reproductive Medicine cited the need for informed lubricant use and mentioned Pre-Seed as an appropriate choice.