- NACDS responds to report on integrity of pharmaceutical supply chain
- Adherence among chronic disease patients can lead to big savings
- As innovaters prep for patent cliff, generics prosper from patent losses
- PhRMA: Nearly 300 preventive medicines for heart disease, stroke in development
- A look at China's retail pharmacies
CINCINNATI — Prasco Labs will make authorized generic versions of two psychiatric drugs made by Eli Lilly under a partnership between the two companies announced Thursday.
Prasco will market authorized generic versions of Zyprexa (olanzapine) tablets and Zyprexa Zydis orally disintegrating tablets. The drugs are used to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Authorized generics are branded drugs marketed under their generic names at reduced prices, usually under a partnership between the branded drug maker and a third-party company.