- Adherence among chronic disease patients can lead to big savings
- Pfizer forms licensing agreement with Seattle Genetics
- Walgreens puts its money where its mouth is with World AIDS Day campaign
- Walgreens launches high-impact push in support of World AIDS Day campaign
- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
CINCINNATI — Prasco Labs has signed a deal with WellSpring Pharmaceutical Corp. to market an authorized generic version of a drug for a rare tumor disorder.
The company announced Wednesday the distribution and supply agreement for phenoxybenzamine hydrochloride capsules in the 10 mg strength for pheochromocytoma, an adrenal gland tumor disorder. The drug is used to control episodes of hypertension and sweating associated with the disorder.
The drug is an authorized generic version of WellSpring's Dibenzyline. An authorized generic is a branded drug marketed under its generic name at a discount, usually under a deal between the branded drug's manufacturer and a third-party company.