- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- On the heels of Q3, Walgreens outlines shift in front-end strategy and pharmacy tailwinds looking forward
- Former CMS, FDA chief McClellan delivers keynote at Cardinal Health RBC
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
CINCINNATI — Prasco Labs has signed a deal with WellSpring Pharmaceutical Corp. to market an authorized generic version of a drug for a rare tumor disorder.
The company announced Wednesday the distribution and supply agreement for phenoxybenzamine hydrochloride capsules in the 10 mg strength for pheochromocytoma, an adrenal gland tumor disorder. The drug is used to control episodes of hypertension and sweating associated with the disorder.
The drug is an authorized generic version of WellSpring's Dibenzyline. An authorized generic is a branded drug marketed under its generic name at a discount, usually under a deal between the branded drug's manufacturer and a third-party company.