- Americans more likely than others to prefer generics, study finds
- NACDS, NCPA, GPhA express support for Drug Quality and Security Act
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Generic drug prices spike, but PBMs' reimbursement rates don't keep up, NCPA study finds
- State of the market: Are generic drugs approaching their peak?
CINCINNATI — Prasco Labs will act as the distributor for an authorized generic version of a Shire anticonvulsant drug, the company said Thursday.
Prasco announced that it had partnered with Shire to distribute carbamazepine extended-release capsules in the 100-mg, 200-mg and 300-mg strengths. The drug is an authorized generic version of Carbatrol, used to treat certain types of seizures and pain.
Authorized generics are branded drugs sold under their generic names at a reduced price.