- Rite Aid takes a bite out of obesity; relaunches weight-loss program for New Year
- Retail pharmacy emerging as healthcare necessity
- Loose ends should be tied to make e-prescribing a reality
- 'Communicator' award (once again) emphasizes pharmacy's role in health care
- Pharmacist as 'physician extender' proves successful
SPRINGFIELD, Va. — The head of the American Pharmacists Association has been tapped as the chairman of the Pharmacy Quality Alliance, the PQA said Tuesday.
The PQA announced the appointment of APhA EVP and CEO Thomas Menighan, who will succeed Judith Cahill, who has served on the organization's board since its 2006 inception, including a recently completed two-year stint as chairwoman.
Other new members of the PQA board include American Society of Health System Pharmacists CEO Paul Abramowitz; Food and Drug Administration Safe Use Initiative acting director Dale Slavin; and Prime Therapeutics SVP cost and care Peter Wickersham.