- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- A shot in the arm for pharmacy
- MedFolio launches electronic pillbox to improve patient adherence
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
SPRINGFIELD, Va. — The head of the American Pharmacists Association has been tapped as the chairman of the Pharmacy Quality Alliance, the PQA said Tuesday.
The PQA announced the appointment of APhA EVP and CEO Thomas Menighan, who will succeed Judith Cahill, who has served on the organization's board since its 2006 inception, including a recently completed two-year stint as chairwoman.
Other new members of the PQA board include American Society of Health System Pharmacists CEO Paul Abramowitz; Food and Drug Administration Safe Use Initiative acting director Dale Slavin; and Prime Therapeutics SVP cost and care Peter Wickersham.