- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
One-third of pharmacy customers say they use multiple pharmacies to fill their prescription needs — and that sets up multiple opportunities to foul up patient adherence and negatively impact patient outcomes. The findings are the first to come out of a new content partnership between The Drug Store News Group and AccentHealth, which will create a new Upfront department called Patient Views that will appear in every issue of DSN and the daily electronic newsletter, DSN A.M. In the first Patient Views report, DSN and AccentHealth examined pharmacy preferences and utilization, and how patients choose.
Do you use multiple pharmacies to fill prescriptions for your household?
Source: AccentHealth. To view the methodology, click here.
Tomorrow DSN Patient Views examines the reasons why so many pharmacy patients are using multiple pharmacies.