- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Former CMS, FDA chief McClellan delivers keynote at Cardinal Health RBC
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- On the heels of Q3, Walgreens outlines shift in front-end strategy and pharmacy tailwinds looking forward
CHICAGO — Phusion Projects, the maker of Four Loko flavored malt beverages, has introduced a new product that comes in a smaller can size with lower alcohol by volume.
Unlike Four Loko, which comes in 23.5-oz. cans and contains up to 12.5% alcohol by volume, Poco Loko is available in 16-oz. cans at 8% ABV, Phusion Projects said. Poco Loko, which comes in green apple, black cherry, mango and lemonade varieties, does not contain caffeine, guarana or taurine.
Phusion Projects said the Poco Loko line was introduced in order to meet consumer demand for additional products and flavors, and to continue diversifying the company's portfolio.
Last November, the Food and Drug Administration issued a warning to Phusion Projects and other manufacturers of caffeinated alcoholic beverages. Since then, the company said it would remove caffeine from its flavored malt beverages.