- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- On the heels of Q3, Walgreens outlines shift in front-end strategy and pharmacy tailwinds looking forward
- Former CMS, FDA chief McClellan delivers keynote at Cardinal Health RBC
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
SAN DIEGO — Oral care brand Plackers has announced its continued support of Oral Health America’s Smiles Across America program with a donation of 5,000 Plackers Micro Mint dental flossers to the Ronald McDonald Care Mobile of Collier County, Fla.
The Ronald McDonald Care Mobile is part of a CHS Healthcare program supported in part by Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southwest Florida. The flosser donation was made in association with a $20,000 Smiles Across America grant awarded by OHA to CHS Healthcare in Collier County for an elementary school-based dental sealant program. The Walmart Foundation also matched OHA’s monetary grant.
The Ronald McDonald Care Mobile is a mobile pediatric office that delivers “Hope on Wheels” to needy children in the Collier County area of Southwest Florida. Plackers’ donation will be used to help give children some of the tools needed for proper oral care at home after they receive their preventative dental sealants on the Care Mobile.
Tooth decay is the most common chronic childhood disease in America and, according to a recent survey cited by Plackers, 17% of parents reported that they had a child who missed at least one day of school because of dental related pain or illness.