- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Lumene unveils product innovation, new packaging for 2014
- Study: Cough-cold manufacturers' voluntary label change on pediatric products reduced ER admissions
- Google testing contact lens that works as glucose meter
- Obesity drug beloranib shows promise in Prader-Willi population in Phase 2 trials
PITTSBURGH — The Eastern retail landscape will continue to host the latest in Western ideas of wellness as GNC on Monday announced its expansion into the Chinese marketplace with the first stand-alone GNC store in Shanghai. The move complements GNC's existing marketing footprint in China.
"In only two years, the GNC brand has developed strong acceptance among Chinese consumers," stated Joseph Fortunato, GNC chairman, president and CEO. "We are excited about finding new opportunities to address the needs of China's many health & wellness consumers with new and innovative products."
GNC plans on opening an additional 25 locations in China within the next 12 months. GNC currently has more than 60 store-within-a-store locations within eight different major grocery, convenience and health and wellness chains in China, including Ole, City Super, Sam's Club and Watson's. GNC brand products are also sold on the internet through GNC licensed partners on e-commerce sites that include Tmall, Amazon and 360buy, the specialty retailer reported.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.