- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- MinuteClinic enters Northern California, Coastal Southeastern North Carolina
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
AZUSA, Calif. — Physicians Formula confirmed that its newly developed skin care line will be carried exclusively in about 2,500 Walmart stores this summer.
The company said that the cosmeceutical skin care line, which will contain 14 SKUs, will begin shipping to Walmart this month and officially will hit store shelves in August. Physicians Formula also said the line potentially could be offered to other retailers by 2012. The line includes three regimens focused on the most common skin concerns, including aging, moisture balance and sensitivity and redness.
"We are very proud and excited to have been chosen by Walmart to partner with them in developing these best-in-class products," Physicians Formula chairman and CEO Ingrid Jackel said. "The launch of the Physicians Formula cosmeceutical skin care line represents another in a long line of first-to-market innovations for our company, as we continue our mission of bringing new beauty technologies and approaches to the marketplace. It also creates new financial opportunities and risk diversification for us."