- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- Jason Reiser takes on SVP/lead merchandising officer role at Family Dollar
- Walmart, Kroger identified as leading retailers in providing opportunity to diversity business owners
- Walgreens to offer workers health insurance through marketplace managed by Aon Hewitt Corp. Health Exchange
- Menasha Packaging expands Folding Carton Group plant
AZUSA, Calif. Cosmetics company Physicians Formula has appointed Jeff Berry to its board of directors. Berry replaces James Lawrence, who stepped down due to the demands on his time as the new chief financial officer of the Unilever Group.
The company also announced that current board member Zvi Eiref will assume Lawrence’s role as chair of the audit committee.
Berry is currently vice president and treasurer of Del Monte Foods. He started his career with Bain and Co. and spent six years with McKinsey and Co., where he advised several consumer products and retail clients in the areas of strategy, branding and marketing.
“Jeff is a very strong addition to our board and brings a wealth of public company and long-term planning and strategy experience with branded consumer companies. We look forward to his input as we continue to build upon our distribution platform,” stated Ingrid Jackel, chief executive officer of Physicians Formula. “I would also like to thank Jim for his valued guidance and contribution over the past year and wish him all the best in his new position.”