- Let me tell you what PBMs do
- Spending on lobbying shows healthcare cos.’ stake in healthcare reform
- PhRMA: Nearly 300 preventive medicines for heart disease, stroke in development
- PhRMA report lists almost 300 vaccines under development
- FDA commissioner praises generic industry's efforts on quality, shortages, follow-on biologics in GPhA speech
WASHINGTON — Nearly 200 drugs for mental illnesses are under clinical development or under review by the Food and Drug Administration, the largest trade group for the drug industry said Thursday.
The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America released a report listing 187 drugs, including 52 for depression, 37 for schizophrenia and 26 for anxiety disorders.
"Mental illnesses do not discriminate and can have a profound impact on people's lives," PhRMA president and CEO John Castellani said. "They come in many different forms and impact patients in many different ways. That is why biopharmaceutical research companies are working on new and better paths of treatment for patients battling these disabling conditions."