- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Q&A: Genetic profiling with Dr. Anita Goel of Nanobiosym
WASHINGTON — The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America has added four new members to its board.
Joining PhRMA are Ian Read, Pfizer's president and CEO; Jerzy Gruhn, Novo Nordisk president; Mark Iwicki, Sunovion Pharmaceuticals president and COO; and Staffan Schuberg, Lundbeck president.
"We are pleased to welcome four new biopharmaceutical heavyweights to join PhRMA's board of directors," PhRMA president and CEO John Castellani said. "As leaders of one of the most research-intensive sectors in the United States, they bring to the table incredible insight and a keen understanding of the challenging economic, legislative and regulatory environments the industry faces on a daily basis."
Castellani added, "Despite these challenges, our board of directors has made it a top priority to build upon core patient-centered principles that guide our advocacy efforts as we work to advance public policies that foster medical innovation and help the United States maintain its global leadership in medical discovery. We look forward to working with all our board members to this aim in the months and years ahead."