- Giant Eagle acquires Rx21 Specialty Pharmacy, enabling enhanced hepatitis C/organ transplant services
- Skeeter Snacks to launch in New England Walgreens
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- FDA sets standards for 'gluten-free' food labeling
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. — Pharmavite on Wednesday announced receipt of the brand's official gluten-free certification across its SoyJoy line from the Gluten-Free Certification Organization.
With this certification, SoyJoy's packaging will feature the official "GF" logo starting this summer. The logo symbolizes standards that the GFCO calls all of its certified brands and restaurants to uphold, specifically the requirement that there be less that 10 ppm of gluten in all raw and finished goods, as well as a required audit of all facilities used in manufacturing
"While SoyJoy has always been a great gluten-free option, it was extremely important for us to showcase our commitment to the gluten-free community by opening our doors to the rigorous certification process of GFCO," stated Frances Garcia, associate brand manager at SoyJoy. "We want all our consumers, particularly those with celiac disease and gluten intolerance, to enjoy SoyJoy with the certainty that they are eating gluten-free, without any worries of cross-contamination."