- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
WASHINGTON — The Preserve Community Pharmacy Access NOW! coalition will be traveling to the nation's capital on Thursday to urge Congress and the Federal Trade Commission to support patient care and oppose the planned merger between Express Scripts and Medco Health Solutions, the coalition announced Monday.
While in town, the group will host a press conference outside of the Capitol and attend meetings with policy-makers. Reps. Joe Courtney, D-Conn.; Thomas Marino, R-Pa.; and Eva Clayton (retired) will join Douglas Hoey, National Community Pharmacists Association CEO; Dennis Archer, PCPAN chief legal counsel; and Mike Brandt, owner of Globe Drug and Medical Equipment in making remarks at the press conference.
The PCPA NOW! coalition argues that the merger will create a consolidated pharmacy benefit manager with excessive control over the health care of tens of millions of Americans that will lead to higher prices for a lower quality of health care. The PCPA NOW! coalition hopes to educate consumers, policy-makers and others on the negative impact of approving the merger, in an effort to stop it from moving forward.