- Study: Cough-cold manufacturers' voluntary label change on pediatric products reduced ER admissions
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Upsher-Smith sells women's health portfolio to Vertical Pharmaceuticals
- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
Pharmaca Integrative Pharmacy is targeting three new store openings in 2011 and between three and six new stores each year through 2015. It’s a pace that would put the company at approximately 44 locations in time for the chain’s 15th anniversary, Mark Panzer, Pharmaca president and CEO, recently told Drug Store News.
In November 2010, Pharmaca opened the doors to its new prototype in Menlo Park, Calif., which features expanded facings in such categories as “rest and relaxation,” health monitoring and beverages, a category that includes the fast-growing probiotic niche.
Pharmaca also recently revamped its e- commerce site, a factor that should drive revenue growth through 2011. The site showcases more than 4,500 products ranging from vitamins, supplements and herbs to personal care items, eco-home products and beauty essentials in hard-to-find brands. “We’ve got product that is high-value, low-cube and easy to ship that should be able to compete with the [specialty vitamin chains] on e-commerce,” Panzer said.