- Walgreens partners with Chicago Public Schools and city health department on Tdap vaccination project
- Walgreens partners with United Nations Foundation's Shot@Life campaign
- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- PhRMA report lists 271 vaccines in development
- Sam's Club to provide early flu shots, nine immunizations year round
BOULDER, Colo. — Pharmaca Integrative Pharmacy on Thursday expanded its immunization offering to include travel vaccinations along with a comprehensive list of health services related to traveling abroad.
Pharmaca patients can now schedule an appointment for any of the following vaccinations: hepatitis A and B, tetanus, typhoid, meningitis, Tdap, yellow fever (though not in Colorado locations), varicella and rabies. Pharmaca still offers vaccinations for flu, shingles, whooping cough and pneumonia on a walk-in basis.
Patients can also schedule a pre-travel health consultation with the pharmacist at a cost of $60 for an individual and $100 for a couple. According to the company's travel site, consultations include help determining which vaccinations are required or recommended for the particular travel destination, a discussion of remedies and best practices for staying healthy while there, a complete report on the destination that includes a detailed summary of pharmacist recommendations around safety and health considerations, and proof of immunizations.