CINCINNATI — Procter & Gamble’s Old Spice brand is expanding into the men's hair care category with a new collection of hair care and styling products.
Arriving in stores this month, the new Old Spice Hair offering features an assortment of shampoos, conditioners and styling products.
"With value and brand loyalty as the two biggest purchasing influences for men in this category, we're confident guys using our other products will be excited to see Old Spice in the hair care aisle," Janet Allgaier, VP of global personal care at Procter & Gamble, said. "Old Spice is known for offering the manliest smelling products on the planet. Guys' hair can now smell just as amazing and win just as many international arm wrestling matches as the rest of their body."
To support the launch of the new Old Spice Hair Care and Styling product line, Old Spice will introduce its new "For Hair That Gets Results" integrated marketing campaign, bringing to life (literally) the idea that when a guy has great Old Spice-styled hair, amazing things happen – like phone numbers from attractive females and absolute domination at a carnival claw machine, the company said. Similar to other Old Spice marketing campaigns, the "For Hair That Gets Results" television creative developed by Wieden+Kennedy is designed to illustrate the "transformational" powers of the brand's products in the most ridiculous, over-the-top fashion.
Old Spice shampoos and conditioners are specifically formulated for guys with differing hair types and feature 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioners in some of the brand's most popular scents.
- Drench – Moisturizing shampoo for dry hair;
- Kickstart – Cleansing shampoo for all hair types;
- Bulk Up – 2-in-1 thickening shampoo and conditioner for guys with thin hair;
- Swagger – 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner in one of the brand’s three most popular scents;
- Fiji – 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner that smells like palm trees, sunshine and freedom;
- Wolfthorn – 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner, part of the popular Wild Collection, a smooth scent for nocturnal creatures; and
- Pure Sport – 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner in the fresh, clean, masculine and popular Old Spice scent.
Each of the five Old Spice styling products offer a description and visual silhouette on the packaging to help educate guys about the styler that best fits their specific hair type.
- Deadlock Spiking Glue – Ultimate Hold and Shine, for hair that always stands its ground;
- Cruise Control Forming Crème – Natural Hold and Shine, for hair that doesn't try too hard and doesn’t have to;
- Forge Molding Putty – High Hold and Matte Finish, for hair that's sturdy, yet shapeable;
- Unruly Texturing Paste – Medium Hold and Textured Finish, for hair that just wants to mess around; and
- Spiffy Sculpting Pomade – Moderate Hold and Matte Finish, for hair that's reworkable, again and again.