- Duane Reade dominates Twitter with more than 1 million followers
- Actress Binky Felstead to appear in new Rimmel London campaign in U.K., Ireland
- Duane Reade is most-followed retailer on Twitter
- NCPA calls on pharmacists to tweet in a 'Tweet-a-Thon,' recognizing the occupation's contribution to health care
- Shot@Life program ambassador Amanda Peet gets flu shot in NYC Walgreens to support 'Get a Shot, Give a Shot'
CINCINNATI — Procter & Gamble’s Ivory soap brand announced on Monday that Emmy award-winner Melissa McCarthy will serve as the brand spokeswoman and host of its new online social community, the Soap Dish, where she will engage with women and dish about life’s simple truths.
The launch and celebrity partnership announcement are all part of the “holistic reinvention” of the brand, which kicked off last month with the debut of modernized packaging and a new advertising campaign.
With her recent Emmy win for her role on CBS’ sitcom “Mike & Molly” and the film “Bridesmaids,” McCarthy has become one of the most sought-after talents in Hollywood. A seasoned comedian and character actress, McCarthy’s greatest appeal is her down-to-earth charm, relatable sense of humor and honest approach to her own busy life as a wife and working mother of two.
“I grew up using Ivory, and that smell always reminds me of when I was a kid,” McCarthy stated. “As a working mom of two, I love anything that simplifies my life. So when one bar of soap can handle backyard dirt, spaghetti hands and the unidentified crusty bits under my girls’ necks — I’m in.”
Born from the insights of a national “mom” survey commissioned by Ivory, the Soap Dish is a light-hearted social community that offers women an outlet to share in the everyday humor and honesty of their lives. The community lives on the Ivory Facebook page and is a place where today’s mom can come and just dish. As host of the Soap Dish, McCarthy will invite Ivory fans and followers to join her in dishing about everyday topics ranging from motherhood, marriage and meatloaf to much more.