- Chobani gives a boost to Team USA on the journey to Sochi
- ‘Out of this world’ display takes top nod in annual Design of the Times awards
- Doxercalciferol now available from Roxane Labs
- J&J launches Champions of Care program in support of its 2014 FIFA World Cup sponsorship
- Crowds flock to Canadian Target stores for retailer's first Boxing Day
HUNT VALLEY, Md. — Procter & Gamble’s CoverGirl brand has tapped singer and songwriter Janelle Monáe to be its newest CoverGirl.
The artist, once called a “different kind of diva” by Vogue, just wrapped her first CoverGirl advertising shoot, which is scheduled to debut in the September issue of that publication next week.
“Ever since Janelle made her electrifying arrival on the music scene, she has captured our imaginations, stirred our souls, and made us all move our feet,” said Esi Eggleston Bracey, VP and GM of CoverGirl Cosmetics. “Janelle is a true force of energy and a beautiful spirit who truly delights in her creative journey, not just the destination. We’re elated and can’t wait to show the world another dimension of her artistic ‘superpowers’ as a member of our CoverGirl family.”
Since its introduction in 1961, the cosmetic brand has been a beauty industry leader in providing women with the makeup tools to rock their everyday cover moments. The long list of CoverGirls has included Christie Brinkley, Cheryl Tiegs, Rachel Hunter, Tyra Banks, Niki Taylor and Molly Sims. The current roster of CoverGirls includes such icons as P!nk, Sofia Vergara, Queen Latifah, Drew Barrymore, Ellen DeGeneres, Taylor Swift and Mary Spencer, Canadian 2012 Olympian (women’s boxing).