CINCINNATI — Procter & Gamble, a worldwide Olympic partner, has kicked off the company’s “Thank You Mom” campaign with the “Raising an Olympian” series featuring Olay athlete Lindsey Vonn (United States), Gillette athletes Felix Neureuther (Germany) and Sven Kramer (Netherlands), and Pantene athlete Elena Ilinykh (Russia).
The launch of the “Thank You Mom” campaign marks 100 days to go until the start of the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games and is supported by more than 15 P&G brands around the globe, such as Pampers, Head & Shoulders and CoverGirl.
“P&G brands look at Olympic sponsorship through a special lens,” stated Marc Pritchard, P&G global brand building officer. “Our brands don’t just live at the finish line; they’re about the everyday journey athletes take to get to the Games, a journey they started in childhood with their moms. That’s why if a P&G brand sponsors an athlete, we also celebrate the mom who helped get them there.”
The P&G Sochi 2014 campaign will come to life through P&G brands and their campaigns:
- P&G Beauty will inspire women to "Look Winter Wonderful" this season, and the Olay campaign in particular will feature Lindsey Vonn (U.S. Olympic Gold Medalist, Alpine Skiing);
- Gillette is encouraging men everywhere to "Reveal their Inner Steel," featuring Alexander Ovechkin (Russian Olympian, Ice Hockey), as well as Sven Kramer (Dutch Olympic Gold Medalist, Speed Skating);
- Pantene and Elena Ilinykh (Russian Olympic Hopeful, Figure Skating), are proving that hair can pass the winter torture test to "Win Over Winter and Shine!";
- Head & Shoulders is washing out flakes and washing in Inner Confidence with Evgeni Malkin (Russian Olympian, Ice Hockey);
- Bounty recognizes that if you’re raising an aspiring athlete, then it helps to be uninhibited by messes with the "Let the Spills Begin" campaign featuring Julie Chu (U.S. Olympic Medalist and National Team Forward, Women's Ice Hockey); and
- Blend-a-Med and Crest campaigns, featuring Alena Leonova (Russian Olympic Hopeful, Figure Skating) and Evan Lysacek (U.S. Olympic Gold Medalist, Figure Skating) highlight that when you want to get noticed you need to “Be Prepared for Your Spotlight Moment.”
Through the “Raising an Olympian” series P&G is paying homage to moms of athletes from across the globe, bringing to life the daily lessons all moms teach. Additional athletes featured in the series include Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir (Canadian Olympic Gold Medalists, Figure Skating), sponsored by such P&G Beauty products as Pantene and Olay; USA’s Julie Chu, who is sponsored by Bounty; and Ekaterina Bobrova (Russian Ice Dancer), sponsored by Venus. The first half of the series can be viewed on YouTube.
The “Thank You Mom” campaign will come to life through a variety of media channels and in store. Two million retailers throughout the world will feature P&G Olympic Games themed athlete packaging, end caps and displays.