- Kmart offers savings on gas for P&G product purchases
- ‘Out of this world’ display takes top nod in annual Design of the Times awards
- P&G's My Black is Beautiful to participate in 2013 Black Girls Rock! awards
- P&G brands kick off Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games with campaign, film series
- P&G to eliminate triclosan, diethyl phthalate from products
CINCINNATI — Procter & Gamble has appointed Barron Witherspoon to his newly appointed role of VP, industry affairs.
Witherspoon lauds a 27-year history in consumer packaged goods at P&G, beginning his career in field advertising and securing positions of increasing responsibility in customer business development across multiple categories and customers and global regions.
He has served on numerous association boards and is actively involved in helping to leverage diversity across the company and the industry.
As previously reported, P&G veteran Jim Flannery has joined the Grocery Manufacturers Association as senior EVP, operations and industry affairs. At P&G, Flannery most recently served as managing director, customer development for P&G Global Operations.
In his new role at GMA, Flannery will lead the association’s industry affairs practice and have primary responsibility for developing and implementing collaborative relationships, initiatives and programs with retailers and their trade associations across all retail channels. In addition, he will help the organization identify and implement innovative services and programs that will increase association revenue and enhance the value of GMA membership.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.