- Vitamins and Supplements 2014
- Survey: Half of those with chronic disease suffer from chronic sleep problems
- Vicks launches three humidifiers for 2013 cold-flu season
- Study: Higher levels of sleep aid melatonin may reduce prostate cancer risk
- Study: Cough-cold manufacturers' voluntary label change on pediatric products reduced ER admissions
CINCINNATI — Procter & Gamble on Monday officially announced the introduction of ZzzQuil, a sleep aid addition to its Vicks NyQuil and Vicks DayQuil brands.
“ZzzQuil not only helps reduce the time it takes for a person to fall asleep, but [also] allows them to sleep soundly so they can wake up rested and refreshed,” stated Dave Tomasi, marketing director of North America for Vicks. “It is a sleep-only solution that delivers effective relief to consumers suffering from occasional sleeplessness.”
“Occasional difficulty sleeping can be caused by different issues, such as stress or jet lag,” noted Joseph Ojile, founder and CEO of Clayton Sleep Institute and National Sleep Foundation board member. “In addition to lifestyle changes, behavioral approaches and physician care, over-the-counter sleep aids containing diphenhydramine HCI … are a good option for people whose only symptom is not being able to fall asleep occasionally.”
Unlike some other over-the-counter products that combine ingredients to relieve minor aches and pains with a sleep aid, ZzzQuil helps relieve occasional sleeplessness through its single active ingredient, diphenhydramine HCI.
ZzzQuil is the only over-the-counter sleep aid medication that comes in both a liquid (warming berry flavor) and a LiquiCap form, P&G noted.