- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Reports: Novartis exits vaccines and animal health while acquiring oncology business from GSK
- Teva launches authorized generic version of Pfizer's Detrol LA
- Reports: Three drug makers have sights on Pfizer's generics unit
- Novartis names new head of sales U.S.
NEW YORK Pfizer on Wednesday announced the completion of its acquisition of a privately held drug discovery and clinical development company.
FoldRx now is a wholly owned subsidiary of Pfizer, Pfizer said. FoldRx's portfolio includes clinical and preclinical programs for investigational compounds to treat diseases caused by protein misfolding, which increasingly is recognized as an underlying cause in many chronic degenerative diseases.
The acquisition was announced Sept. 1.