- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Lumene unveils product innovation, new packaging for 2014
- Federal government must find alternatives to rescheduling hydrocodone combination drugs
- FDA seeks stronger regulations on antibacterial soaps, body washes
- DEA pushes forward on rescheduling hydrocodone combination products
WASHINGTON — The Personal Care Products Council and the American Cleaning Institute have teamed up to launch a new website, FightGermsNow.com, to provide consumers, researchers and regulators information on antibacterial soaps and ingredients.
"We are proud to launch FightGermsNow.com as a reliable, fact-based resource on antibacterial soaps and ingredients," said Brian Sansoni, ACI VP communication. "This site contains information on the science behind the safety and effectiveness of these products that are used by millions of Americans every single day."
"Surveys show that a majority of Americans use and benefit from antibacterial soaps on a daily basis, whether it's in homes, hospitals, restaurants, day care centers or workplaces," added Kathleen Dezio, EVP public affairs and communications for the Personal Care Products Council. "This support remains strong even in the face of a relentless flow of misinformation about these products over the last several years."
FightGermsNow.com contains fact sheets on antibacterial soaps and ingredients, information on how these products are regulated, a summary of research and data showcasing their safe and effective use, and news updates and links to relevant articles concerning antibacterial soaps and ingredients.