- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
- Alere Wellbeing publishes book touting Quit For Life smoking-cessation program
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Study: Researchers find that committing to quit smoking every Monday improves success rate
- Smoking cessation may improve mental health
ALLEGAN, Mich. — Perrigo on Tuesday announced that it has begun shipments of over-the-counter nicotine polacrilex mini lozenge USP, 2 mg (mint flavor) and 4 mg (mint flavor), comparable to GlaxoSmithKline's Nicorette mini lozenge.
"This launch strengthens Perrigo's leading store brand position in smoking cessation products, which also includes coated and uncoated flavored gums and regular size lozenges," stated Joseph Papa, Perrigo's chairman, president and CEO.
Nicorette Mini Lozenge is selling at an annual rate estimated at more than $30 million at all retail outlets, Perrigo stated.
Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news.