- Perrigo launches generic equivalent to prescription-only Vanos Cream 0.1%
- Lipitor may be the first statin to switch to OTC
- Federal government must find alternatives to rescheduling hydrocodone combination drugs
- Perrigo approved for generic Prandin
- FDA approves liquid form of Merck HIV drug Isentress for infants, small children
ALLEGAN, Mich. — Drug maker Perrigo has launched a generic drug for treating problems of the scalp, the company said.
Perrigo announced the launch of clobetasol emulsion propionate foam in the 0.05% strength, a generic version of GlaxoSmithKline's Olux-E. The drug is used to treat moderate to severe dermatosis of the scalp.
As the first company to file a regulatory approval application for the drug, Perrigo is entitled to 180 days in which to compete exclusively with GlaxoSmithKline's version. The drug has annual sales of $38 million, according to Symphony Health Solutions.