- Adherence among chronic disease patients can lead to big savings
- Community-based healthcare models can help diabetic patients
- Walgreens' Pegus to discuss impact of diabetes management on healthcare costs
- Mylan's generic Precose gets green light from FDA
- FDA approves Bayer Diabetes Care's Contour USB blood glucose meter
ALLEGAN, Mich. — Perrigo on Thursday announced that it has entered into an exclusive agreement with AgaMatrix to sell and distribute blood-glucose monitors and test strips in the U.S. store-brand channel.
Nipro Diagnostics long has dominated store-brand blood-glucose meters with a co-branding program that includes TRUE2Go, TRUEresult and TRUEtrack.
As part of the agreement, Perrigo will sell and distribute certain products in the current AgaMatrix portfolio, as well as certain future new products.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"Entering this adjacent product category has been high on our strategic priority list due to the fact that the growing diabetic community has an increasing demand for more quality, affordable healthcare options,” stated Joseph Papa, Perrigo chairman and CEO. “It is well-known that regular blood-glucose testing is critical to effective diabetes management. What is also well-known is that the cost of testing strips and supplies often prevents many diabetics from testing as often as they should."