- Reckitt Benckiser talks about Mucinex, Airborne line extensions
- Perrigo recalls APAP infant suspension liquid due to the possibility of missing dose markings on the dosing syringe
- Diplomat Pharmacy recognized by Michigan governor during State of the State address
- Understanding point of diminishing return
- Perrigo launches generic equivalent to prescription-only Vanos Cream 0.1%
ALLEGAN, Mich. — Perrigo on Monday announced that it received final approval from the Food and Drug Administration for its store-brand version of Mucinex tablets.
Perrigo is still in litigation with Reckitt Benckiser involving the introduction of a private-label Mucinex. "Perrigo is working through the litigation and expects to begin shipping this product in our retail and wholesale customers' store brand packaging in the second half of our fiscal year," Perrigo chairman and CEO Joseph Papa said.
Mucinex, an expectorant indicated to relieve chest congestion and make coughs more productive, had sales of approximately $146 million through food, drug and mass merchandisers for the last 12 months, as measured by SymphonyIRI Group, Perrigo reported.