- Perrigo to buy Elan Corp.
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Perrigo recalls APAP infant suspension liquid due to the possibility of missing dose markings on the dosing syringe
- Perrigo to acquire Fera's ophthalmic portfolio for up to $129 million
ALLEGAN, Mich. — Perrigo on Tuesday announced it received Food and Drug Administration clearance to market and distribute infant formula that contains 100% partially hydrolyzed whey protein. The store-brand Comfort Care infant formula is designed for babies with fussiness or gas and will be sold as a nutritionally comparable version of Gerber Good Start gentle infant formula at leading retailers in 2012.
Sales of the national brand are estimated to be $55 million for the latest 52-weeks, as measured by SymphonyIRI Group.
"Our presence in the infant formula market is growing as we continue to offer high quality nutritional products like Comfort Care infant formula to parents that support healthy growth and development while meeting the same nutritional and safety standards as the national brand," Perrigo chairman and CEO Joseph Papa said.
The new store-brand Comfort Care infant formula contains prebiotics to support a baby's natural immune system, DHA and ARA to support brain and eye development, and is easy to digest.