- Federal government must find alternatives to rescheduling hydrocodone combination drugs
- Teva announces launch of Adasuve
- CVS Caremark study: More education needed on genetic testing in prescribing antiplatelet drugs
- FDA approves Jubilant Life Sciences' quetiapine fumarate tablets
- Perrigo approved for generic Prandin
ALLEGAN, Mich. — Perrigo on Tuesday announced that it has received final approval from the Food and Drug Administration for its abbreviated new drug application for cetirizine hydrochloride oral solution USP, 1 mg/mL, bubble gum flavored, the store brand equivalent to Children's Zyrtec Allergy Syrup. Perrigo expects to begin shipments of the product during the upcoming cough/cold/flu season.
Children's Zyrtec Allergy Syrup is indicated for indoor and outdoor allergies in children 2 years of age and older and is part of the overall Zyrtec brand with estimated annual sales of approximately $380 million.
Perrigo's chairman, president and CEO Joseph Papa stated, "This approval strengthens our leading store brand position and highlights our commitment to bringing new products to the market."
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.