- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
- Reports: Amazon hopes to deliver packages by drone
- CVS Caremark showcases outreach program to help customers understand health insurance options
DUBLIN — Perrigo has finalized its acquisition of Elan Corp., Perrigo said Wednesday.
The Michigan-based maker of branded and generic prescription and OTC drugs announced last week that the Irish High Court had approved its $8.6 billion deal to buy Ireland-based Elan, the last regulatory hurdle it had to clear before finalizing the deal, which it announced in July.
"The combined company establishes a diversified platform that will position Perrigo well for further expansion," Perrigo chairman and CEO Joseph Papa said. "When combined with the royalty stream from Tysabri, a blockbuster product that generated revenues of $1.6 billion last year, this platform will create an industry-leading global healthcare company with the balance sheet liquidity and operational structure to accelerate our growth."